Welcome to NHS BME NetworkWelcome to the NHS BME Network an independent Network open to all Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people, including staff, patients, service users and carers.
The Network provides BME people with the following:
- An opportunity to bring about change in the NHS
- An opportunity for BME people to be heard
- Access to better and more appropriate healthcare
- Information and Interpretation of NHS Policy
- Access to a network of people of shared vision
From our Blog
1. Report-Supporting named leads for health inequalities on NHS Boards Last year, as part of its 3rd phase response to Covid-19, NHS England instructed all NHS Boards to appoint a lead for health inequalities. A report published by the NHS Race...
This report published on 21 October 2021 details CQC’s assessment of health care and social care in England. Not surprisingly the report makes reference to the fact that over the last year the pandemic has both further exposed and exacerbated the ethnic health inequalities that exist..
This report by NHS England published on 30 September 2021 details its operational planning guidance between October 2021 and March 2022. This includes a commitment to deliver on the five priority areas for tackling ethnic health inequalities outlined in its guidance published in March 2021…
This CQC report published on 20 September 2021 shows limited evidence that maternity services inspected between March to June 2021 were targeting engagement of BME women despite the known ethnic inequalities in maternity services exposed further by the pandemic…
This report by the Nuffield Trust published on 8 November 2021 shows that BME staff experience discrimination and are treated less favourably at every stage of the career pipeline and across different professions in the NHS…..
This report reviewed the evidence concerning race and ethnic disparities and concludes (erroneously in our view) that the UK has fundamentally shifted from race events in the past and has become a more open society such that we are now in a new era...