Welcome to NHS BME NetworkWelcome to the NHS BME Network an independent Network open to all Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people, including staff, patients, service users and carers.
The Network provides BME people with the following:
- An opportunity to bring about change in the NHS
- An opportunity for BME people to be heard
- Access to better and more appropriate healthcare
- Information and Interpretation of NHS Policy
- Access to a network of people of shared vision
From our Blog
1. RCN study shows racism is endemic in the NHS We have only now become aware of a study published by the RCN, at its annual conference on 8 June 2022, which it states shows that racism is “endemic” in the NHS. The survey of almost 10,000 nursing...
The Rt. Hon. Baroness Hallett DBE as Chair of the UK Covid-19 Inquiry has written to the Prime Minister to ask him to accept her amendments to his draft TOR to allow inequalities pertaining to both protected and unprotected characteristics to be...
This report published on 9 June 2022 details the outcome of the EHRC Inquiry into the experiences of lower paid ethnic minority workers in health and social care including bullying, racism and harassment at work.
This report published on 15 June 2022 detailing the findings of a survey of over 2000 BME doctors between October to December 2021 warns of a mass exodus of BME doctors due to “persistent” and “intolerable” levels of racism in the NHS.
This report published on 17 June 2022 detailing the findings of a survey of 123 BME leaders in the NHS shows that over 50% considered leaving the NHS in the last 3 years because of racism in the NHS ..
This report sets out the government’s response to the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities (CRED) and was presented to Parliament in March 2022. The report responds to the 24 recommendations made by the CRED and includes an Action Plan which...